What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.

Monday, November 12, 2007

A New Week

It's Monday. Of a new week - finally! Last week sucked so much, I'm so glad it's over.
The new office person for Utah was scheduled to be here with me last week. Her flight was supposed to arrive at noon on Monday. She missed that flight and had to fly standby arriving at 5:00. Ed (service mgr) took her and I to dinner to meet and get acquainted. We went to Joe's Crab Shack, and while I don't "do" crab, I had a delicious steak and yummy shrimp. Anyway... Tues morning when Ed went to her hotel to pick her up, she was still asleep so he had to wait and then when they got to the Enterprise (the company was renting her a car while she was here) she discovered that she forgot her Drivers License. And it went downhill from there. Needless to say, we flew her home early on Thursday. So now they are back to square one with no office person in Utah. The phones are forwarded to my office, where I will now dispatch service from. Yay!
Then my Joe dog. He was a lot sicker than I realized. When I got to the vet to meet Shell, his prognosis was not good. He was very dehydrated and his body was in shock. His heart was racing but his blood pressure was almost nonexistent. He was not very responsive. They started him on an IV with fluids, and said that he would have to go to the after hours urgent care, but that it was very possible that he would not survive the night. After 2 hours on the IV, we left there and took him to the Urgent Care where they hooked him back up to the fluids, added electrolytes and and antibiotics. At that point they weren't really sure what the cause was, the concern was getting him stable, which he was not. He was being carried everywhere. He was down almost 10 pounds from his normal weight. He was a very sick boy. Overnight he had an incident of blood pressure crashing again, but they were able to get him back on track. When we picked him up Friday morning, he was a very different dog from the one we dropped off. He walked out himself to greet us. He was still a little dehydrated and had more of the IV antibiotics to go, but he was on the road to recovery. We took him back to our vet where he spent the day attached to his IV, getting small bites of food and getting lots of love. I picked him up after work and got his feeding instructions, and his course of antibiotics. It's still not completely clear what happened, but they suspect it was gastroenteritis that just hit him full force. So now he is at home and finally yesterday started acting like himself. We are so relieved.
The last of the (not so) fun from last week: After spending about $1200 on Joe, Shell learned that they cancelled overtime at her work for at least the next 2 weeks. So our Christmas money went to Joe's bills and I'm not sure where we are going to get the money to replace it. Christmas just got a lot tighter. Bah Humbug!

This is how Joe spent almost all of his evening after getting home.

No comments: