1. What is your first name? (Tyff)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
1. What is your first name? (Tyff)
Friday, September 12, 2008
It has been raining since last night which I really love, but it's cold too. And I don't want to be cold when I don't feel good. The rain is supposed to stop later and the temperature this weekend is supposed to be in the mid-70's. That would be really nice. I need to mow the backyard and trim down my sunflower bush. Fall may be coming sooner than usual this year.
Monday, September 8, 2008
- Wednesday & Thursday my boy stayed home from school. He didn't feel good and we trust his judgment on that. He also missed his Prep Cycle class on Wed, but made it to regular class on Thursday. Luckily he was back to school on Friday and feeling lots better after lots of rest and hydrating.
- On Tuesday I got news that has changed the course of my life for the next 6 weeks. The wonderful woman who has been taking him to his Prep Cycle classes had to drop out of the program on doctors orders. I wanted to cry. Luckily, there is another kid whose parent has offered to drive my boy on Wednesdays, which is wonderful. I just have to take him on Fridays and Saturdays. My wife is less than thrilled about this, but we'll do what we must.
- My girl auditioned for choir and made me very proud of her confidence. She had to sing a portion of a song a cappella and then do the scales for the choir teacher. She is a soprano.
- Friday evening's Prep Cycle class took place in Parker which is about 45 minutes away from my house. They had to be there at 5:30pm, so because of inevitable traffic I left work early. I had to run home to get his belt because I forgot it when I loaded everything up that morning. The plan was then to pick him up from school, get something to eat and head to Parker. Well....
- I got in an accident on my way home. I am fine, there were no injuries. It could have ended very badly for me as it was my little Sentra against a semi-truck, but luckily there was very little speed involved and he realized what was happening pretty quickly. My car will need some work: the windshield is cracked, the drivers side window shattered, side mirror is hanging by wires and the door doesn't close properly. I am driving a really cute Chevy Cobalt rental until the repairs are complete. The other driver was at fault, so my insurance company will go after his to recoup the cost.
- We were late, but I did get my kid to Karate that night. Shell's friend drove her to work and we took her car. We had to pick her up at 6:15 Saturday morning. The boy had Prep Cycle that day from 9:45am-5:00pm. It was a long day but I made the calls to my insurance company and got that ball rolling.
- Sunday morning we met my parents at 8am for breakfast. I hadn't slept very well the night before and felt worse as the day went on. Shell convinced me to go to the Urgent Care that afternoon and I walked out with a prescription for antibiotics. I have a bladder infection. Fun! Shell took the kids grocery shopping while I took a nap and then we made dinner, watched a movie and went to bed.
Whew! So here's to a non-eventful week. I still have to have my car towed to the collision center, but it's technically out of my hands from here out.
I have a blogger friend who is going through an awful time right now. I am hoping that she can find some peace amidst the chaos. I wish only the best things for her. Love to you D.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Because of the holiday, my boy didn't have regular Karate classes so no late night on Friday. A few of the other Prep Cyclers decided to get together on Saturday for some review so we went to that. It was just a few hours and then we ran a few errands. We went to the mall and bought him a weapon he needs and we had lunch. Then off to clean my office. Then to the music store where I signed my life away for the rental of a trombone for my son. He decided to be in band this year and the trombone is the instrument he picked. My girl is sticking with Choir. I am pleased that they both love music so much. After the music store, we went by Home Depot to see if they sold lawn mower bags, but they do not. Ours is a hand-me-down and does not have a bag and I am tired of raking every time I mow. I called the local hardware store and they have one... for $50! I guess I'd better get used to the raking. We picked up dinner on our way home since it was by now after 4. Shell and I watched Little Miss Sunshine and were both a little surprised by how much we liked it. It's definitely not appropriate for young ears though.
Sunday morning my boy and I got to work on our yard. I mowed the front and side yards while he pulled the weeds and swept up the sidewalks. After I got done raking and bagging, we got to work on the garage. My parents had to get a new automatic garage door opener when my mom's side broke, so they got a new one for my dad's side as well. It was still working fine, so he offered it to us and he'd install it too. Since we didn't have one, we weren't parking our cars in the garage so it was cluttered with the kids stuff and just random things that didn't have a home. So in order to have room for my dad to do the install, we cleaned and got it organized. He came over in the afternoon and got it started. After he left, we got Chinese take out for dinner and Shell & I watched Le Divorce with Kate Hudson & Naomi Watts. This one, we did not like. We thought it was very slow and the storylines really didn't go anywhere. It was disappointing.
Speaking of movies though, earlier in the week we watched Prom Night (the remake) which wasn't bad as far as remakes of horror movies go and Penelope with Christina Ricci. It was very cute and although Reese Witherspoon's part was pretty small, we enjoyed seeing her in it too.
Back to the weekend... On Sunday night, the kids started to feel kind of yucky with sore throats and runny noses. By the time they got up on Monday morning, they had progressed to full-on colds. I got up and made blueberry pancakes, and we had to wake them up to eat. It was decided that although the day was supposed to be used for cleaning up their rooms, we would make it a rest and get better day. They were happy to oblige. My dad came back and finished up the garage door, which was very exciting. Everyone got to open and close it. I ran to the store to pick up stuff for dinner and we made chicken tenders and rice pilaf with crescent rounds. It was wonderful. The kids were in bed at 9:30 and we followed soon after. It was a really great weekend.