Monday, January 28, 2008
But really - their grades are such to be proud of, and we are.
Friday, January 18, 2008
- We do not have to go to my parents house at 6am each morning.
- We are not going to Karate on Saturday. These two things mean I'm sleeping in!!
- We are going to have dinner at my parents on Sunday.
- Shell and I are going to watch last weeks L Word and this weeks - back to back.
- The kids don't have school on Monday, so I don't have to spend Sunday night making sure everything is ready for school Monday morning. This is going to be very nice.
So I have no lofty goals for this weekend. Well, ok I do. But I am not expecting to get them done. I am seriously entertaining the thought of taking a couple of days vacation just to get my house clean and organized. I could make dinner each night and spend time with my wife. I could pretend to be a stay-at-home mom & wife for a few days. This is very appealing. I should definitely do this.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
On Sunday Dad called and asked to borrow our dryer because theirs stopped working. And because when it rains it pours. When he came over to put his clothes in the dryer, he asked about our extra dryer. When we bought our house, it came with a washer & dryer. We had already purchased one for the first house we thought we were going to get, and I was in love with it. So we decided to keep it and try to sell the "free" ones. Well, it is now over a year and a half later and they are both still in my basement. So... long story short, we gave them the dryer. Well, in exchange for a swiss steak dinner. And they will probably take the washer too - in exchange for fried chicken. We can be bought! Shell and I agreed that it was really nice to finally be able to do something for them, after all that they have done for us. To be honest, we still owe them.