What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A substitute "Day"

Day 14 of the 30 Day Challenge is "A picture you love", but I haven't had a chance to do this one as my pictures are on my computer at home and I do my blog posts mostly at work. I'm trying really hard to only work on schoolwork when I sit in front of my computer at home and looking at pictures and posting to my blog doesn't apply. So, in place of Day 14, I'm going to do Day 15 and make it back to Day 14 when I can.

30 Days: Day 15-Bible verse

My parents were not church-goers. When celebrating holidays, we never observed any religious aspects of it. Easter was purely about dying eggs, baskets full of candy, easter egg hunts, and yummy food. Christmas was Santa, christmas trees, presents, stockings, reindeer...and yummy food. My maternal grandmother however, was and still is a very religious woman and when my sisters and I were young we would stay over on Saturday night and go with her to church Sunday morning. It didn't happen every week, more like a couple of times a month. And a couple of summers I stayed through the week to attend Vacation Bible School. But all that stopped once I started junior high school. And as I've gotten older and looked deeper at what I do and don't believe, I have discovered and accepted that I don't believe in God and I don't believe that the Bible is "God's Word". I consider myself an agnostic atheist.

Regardless of my views, I am familiar with many Bible verses. A couple that I am quite fond of are:

"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble."1 Peter 3:8

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.
Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to giveall the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned." Song of Solomon 8:6-7

No comments: