What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day


Well, the Hallmark/Florist holiday is now over which means that now February is half over. Wow. We had a nice Valentine's Day. Shell made Chicken Enchilada Casserole for dinner. This was a recipe that her mom made when she was younger, but it was the first time she made it for us. It was a big hit. Shell bought a little candy and a few fun things for the kids. And she got me a small heart filled with Dove Dark Chocolate hearts, the new Idina Menzel CD and the DVD of Across the Universe. I have been wanting to see the movie since it came out, but Shell doesn't care for the Beatles music to begin with, so a movie centered around it really didn't appeal to her. So I am probably going to watch it this weekend sometime. And the CD is really good. I absolutely love Idina Menzel's voice. Shell took tonight off, so we are going to try to see if my mom will watch the kids so we can go to dinner and maybe see a movie. I really hope it works out. The two of us haven't gone out together in a long time, and I can't remember the last time we went to see a movie. Oh wait, we went to see Nancy Drew with all the kids last summer, that was the last movie we saw. So, I guess we're due for a date night. We very rarely get to do anything with just the two of us. *Crossing my fingers and toes*
Tomorrow the boy has a Karate tournament which we will be at from 9am until after 1pm. Yay! Oh and my sister is not going to be coming out to visit next month after all. The airfares are just too expensive for the dates she wants to come. We're disappointed, but at least we got to see them at Christmas. They might come out towards the end of April or sometime in May. And I am going to try to plan a short trip to California sometime at the beginning of summer. One of my oldest friends is due to have her first baby in April, so I want to go see her after the baby is born and some of the visiting frenzy has died down. Mom is thinking of going at the same time, she'll probably stay longer then me but we might drive out together and then I'll fly home. I'm all about saving money wherever possible.

No comments: