What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Thursday, February 28, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

I don't have a lot to write about, but with the week coming up I'll be lucky to think about posting, let alone actually doing it! So it's been over a week since I last posted...what have I been doing??? Working and going to Karate. That about sums it up. We are at Karate on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7:45pm-9:30pm. On Wednesdays we are there from 6:30pm-8:45pm. Saturdays we are there from 7:15am-12:45pm. Plus the 1/2 hour drive each way. Oh, and the kids have after school musical practice on Mondays and Thursdays until 5:15 and Wednesdays until 4:45. It's no wonder I'm never home and when I am I'm too tired to do anything. My MO sister called last night just as I was making the girl something to eat before taking the boy to Karate. I COULD have talked to her during the 8 minutes I had left before walking out the door, but it was also the only 8 minutes I would have to talk to Shell all day. I picked my wife, because often she is not the first pick for my attention. I feel pulled in multiple directions every day. I think it's starting to take a toll on me. No, I'm sure it is.
I started and finished a book this week (Karate at least gives me some time to read). It was Goldie Hawn's autobiography, A Lotus Grows in the Mud. I love the title and I really liked the book. It focused a lot on her spiritual journey and eventual reconciliation, but gave a lot of insight into what inspired her to seek these out.
Last night I stayed up to watch A Raisin in the Sun, which I had recorded on Monday night. I only intended on watching an hour or so before going to bed for a few days. Well, I started it and ended up watching all 3 hours. I didn't want to turn it off. It was amazing! Phylicia Rashad, Audra McDonald, Sean Combs (who knew he could act!)...they were so so so good. It was a really beautiful movie. Can you tell that I liked it? It is coming out on DVD in May.
Speaking of new releases, my girlfriend's new album came out this week. You may have heard of her - Janet Jackson? I am so excited to hear her new stuff. I hear it's really good. I am planning on getting it this weekend. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hey thanx for the comment on my blog. I will be back to read more of yours. How did you find me?