What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Monday, May 23, 2011

Meme

I just realized that I've had this blog for over 4 years. Wow. I'm not the best at keeping it updated and there have been quite a few times when months have passed without a post... but still. Four years. So that made me think of the posts I have copied from elsewhere with the intention of doing and never did, that still sit in my unposted list. For the sake of cleaning up my 4 years worth of posts, here it is!


From Maria .

1) ONE OF YOUR SCARS. HOW DID YOU GET IT?
We had a Shar-Pei named Panda when I was young who was not a fan of other dogs. She was the sweetest dog to any other person who came over, but if a dog walked down our street, she would jump at the front door and growl and bark and snarl. She was out for blood. The only dog that she tolerated was our Chihuahua, which was a good thing since they both lived inside. However, we had another Shar-Pei who was our outside dog (this is when we lived in California) and she had the run of the backyard. The two female Shar-Pei's were not friends, and one time did get into a rather nasty fight, mostly due to Panda's intense dislike of other canine's. So, because Panda couldn't use the backyard to relieve herself, we hooked a rope lead to a stake in the front yard and would let her have the run of the yard. The lead was just long enough that she couldn't step foot on the sidewalk, but could get to pretty much all the rest of the yard. Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, my scar. Typically, if Panda was on the lead and a dog was walked down the street, she would run at full speed from wherever she was in the yard until she pulled the rope taut. If someone was actually on the grass when this happened, you needed to basically jump over the rope so it wouldn't trip you. One such time, I happened to be in the yard and reacted too slowly to clear the rope. I now have a lovely scar above my ankle where the rope tore into my skin. Simply calling it a rope burn really doesn't do it justice.

2) WHAT IS ON THE WALLS OF YOUR BEDROOM?
My bedroom, like the rest of my house, is not very decorated. Hanging on the walls of my bedroom right now are: a 2011 Bones calendar, a 2010 Michael Jackson calendar (I couldn't find one for this year, so I just use it for the pictures), the poster that Shell's co-workers made for her when she went to days, and this framed poster.



3) WHAT DOES YOUR MOBILE PHONE LOOK LIKE?
It's a black iPhone 3GS.

4) WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
I listen to a classic rock station on the radio, or to the station the kids like which is basically a Top 40's type. When I'm listening to my iPod, all bets are off. It's a mix of everything.

5) DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?

I was born at 7:37 AM.

6) WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
To not be in debt.

7) WHO DO YOU MISS?

I miss my best friend and my sisters and my nieces and nephews. I miss being with my extended family on holidays. And sometimes I miss the days when my kids were little and thought we were the best people on the planet and smiled every time they saw us and gave hugs that didn't hold back.

8) IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU OR HAS A CRUSH ON YOU?
Well, I sure hope so...otherwise, what I am working so hard at?

9) WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU KISSED?
My wife.

10) WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME?

Michelle

11) THE BEST TV SHOW EVER CREATED?
I can't think of one "BEST". Of the shows currently on the air though, it's a tie between The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, and Bones. But, I don't really watch many more than that, so I'm not really choosing from that many.

12) THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO?
A customer.

13) DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
No, not really.

14) THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
I can't remember. I guess that's a good thing.

15) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE/PERFUME?
I don't have one. I haven't worn perfume in about 7 or 8 years and Shell hasn't for probably about 4 years. I liked the way Tommy Girl smelled on her, but I have a sentimental fondness for White Diamonds perfume. That's what she wore when we were first together and when I get a whiff of it now, I can remember how I'd feel when we were close enough for me to smell it on her. :)

16) WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?

Eye color and hair color really isn't all that important to me, on either sex. Most eyes are beautiful, regardless of their coloring. And I really don't notice hair color that much.

17) WOULD YOU RATHER BE SMART OR FUNNY?
I guess I'd rather be smart. I don't think it would be that fun to be dumb and funny, because how would you know if people are laughing because you tell a good joke or are laughing because your lack of intelligence is funny?

18) COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
Coffee. I cannot STAND energy drinks. I don't like the way they smell or taste.

19) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Just one? Can't do it. My favorite topped pizza is the Gourmet Vegetarian from Papa Murphy's take and bake. It has white sauce instead of red and is topped with artichoke hearts, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini and cheese. It also has onions on it, but I ask them to substitute more of the good stuff and leave the onions off. It is SO GOOD!

20) IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I think I want that yummy pizza! :)

21) WHO IS THE LAST PERSON WHO MADE YOU MAD?
I don't really get mad all that much, so it takes a lot to get me there. I don't remember the last time I was mad. Guess that's a good thing too. :)

22) DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?
No. I took German for three years in high school and really loved it. I could speak it very well and read it as well. Unfortunately, when there isn't anyone to talk with, the knowledge goes away. Now I remember a handful of words and that's it.

23) WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT THAT YOU REMEMBER SOMEONE GIVING YOU?
This one has me stuck. I mostly remember Christmas and birthday gifts from my parents when I was much younger. I can remember stuffed animals that I got for Christmas from friends too.

24) DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE?
I like a lot of people. For the most part, I like everyone in my life. If I didn't like them, they wouldn't be in my life. Well, I guess that doesn't apply to family. No, it does. I'm not in touch with family who I don't like. Refer back to the first 3 sentences.

25) ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
Nope.

26) FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
Torrid

27) WHAT IS YOUR DREAM CAR?
A new one, doesn't matter what kind. I fantasize about a new car with warranties still intact and low mileage and new car smell. Heaven....

28) WHAT COLOR IS IT?
Doesn't matter.

29) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF EXERCISE?
Ha! Um...well...see... Exercise? I don't do it. So my favorite? Whatever will get me up and moving and motivated to keep it up. Basically, I'm still looking for my favorite kind of exercise.

30) WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Oh gosh, that's a tough one. I'm all about the "it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all", BUT. If I knew that the someone was going to leave before I fell in love with them? Maybe not. And I know that you can't help who you fall in love with, but I don't think I would let it go very far knowing that I would lose them. I'm just not all that much a fan of that kind of pain.

31) WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Tell them. Seriously. And show them. Don't hide it or beat around the bush.

32) WRITE A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED
72

33) BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Brunettes are usually much more attractive in my opinion. Usually more real-looking too.

34) WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL THE MOST OFTEN?
Shell's cell phone

35) WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Ignorance

36) HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE COUNTRY? WHERE DID YOU GO? WHAT PLACE DID YOU LIKE BEST?
The only place I've been outside of the US is the Bahamas. We loved it.

37) YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Food...

38) FRIES/CHIPS, RICE OR BEANS?
If I'm choosing between fries or chips, chips always win. Between rice and beans, always rice.

39) FIRST JOB?
I worked at B. Dalton Booksellers which was a bookstore owned by the Barnes & Noble group.

40) EVER PRANK CALLED SOMEONE?
Not that I can think of.

41) WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS?
Before and during: working of course! :)

42) IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Weight loss surgery and get rid of the excess skin once the weight is gone.

43) WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS MEME?
I'm starting to wonder. It's LONG!

44) WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ON THE MOST?
My kids. They really are my best feature.

45) WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
Eh, probably wouldn't miss it all that much.

46) WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Two more tattoos.

47) HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
I have two and two is good enough.

48) WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Nope, no one.

49) WHICH FINGER IS YOUR FAVORITE?
Shell's fingers are my favorite. ;)

50) DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
Not with much investment in believing on them.

51) WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
String cheese.

52) DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yeah, it's alright. It's legible, but not very fancy.

53) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Pastrami.

54) ANY BAD HABITS?
Well, there's the too much food and not enough exercise bad habit... and I procrastinate too much.

55) WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
It would probably be the Grease 2 soundtrack. I love it and listen to the music still, but it's not high caliber talent.

56) IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I think so.

57) HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET THAT YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
Only to Shell. And just for the record, no one has ever told me a secret and said that I couldn't tell her. So I think it's understood that she'll probably find out.

58) DO LOOKS MATTER?
Yes, I have to admit that they do.

59) YOU RELEASE YOUR ANGER?
Again, I don't really get angry very often but no, I don't release it very well. I usually just keep it to myself for the most part.

60) WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
Sadly, it would probably be my office since I spend so much time here.

61) Do you trust others easily?
Kind of. It depends on what I'm trusting them with, but I tend to think that the people I might consider trusting something with are probably dependable to some extent.

62) What was your favorite toy as a child?
My Little Pony. I had the stable and the castle and so many ponies. I loved them.

63) How many numbers are in your mobile phone?
I have 121 contacts.

64) Do you use sarcasm?
Yes, but not very well. I think that sometimes it comes off as potentially hurtful. I don't mean it to, but it does.

65) Do you know anyone famous?
No. The closest I get is barely knowing Shell's aunt who is Hazel Payne from the 70's group A Taste of Honey. Their claim to fame was the song "Boogie Oogie Oogie".

66)Have you ever been in a mosh pit?
No.

67) What do you look for in a place to live?
It would have to be big enough for us, in a good neighborhood with good schools accessible and not a ridiculous commute for us to get to work. And affordable.

68) What are your nicknames?
Mommy, Timmy, Tyffer, Tyff, Beautiful, Sexy.

69) How many hats do you own? What is your hat size?
I have about 3 baseball caps and have no idea what size they are.

70) Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Usually.

71) Were you upset about Steve Irwin dying?
It was sad, but not surprising. You can only pretend that you are invincible for so long before something proves you wrong.

72) What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Jamoca Almond Fudge from Baskin Robbins.

73)Are you lazy?
Kind of.

74) What are your favorite songs at the moment?
The tracks off of the Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil Immortal and anything by Adele and Matt Nathanson. I've just really discovered them and can't get enough.

75) What is your favorite band?
The Beatles

76) How many wisdom teeth do you have?
Just the top two for the next eleven days and then they are coming out.

77) Do you want to go anywhere special this year?
There's not much time left in this year, so I'd have to say that the most special place I want to go is home. Every day, without going to class first, or taking the kids somewhere or picking them up from somewhere. I just want to go home.

78) What are you listening to right now?
The Dixie Chicks "Not Ready to Make Nice".

79) Last thing you ate?
Still the same, string cheese.

80) Last person you talked to on the phone?
A customer... a different one from before, but still.

81) What is the first thing that you notice about yourself in the morning?
My crazy hair.

82) Favorite thought provoking song?
Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror".

83) Favorite two things to hate?
That's a strange question.

84) Favorite Drink?
Ice water. Or chocolate shakes. Or a Long Beach Iced Tea.

85) Favorite Zodiac sign?
I don't care about Zodiac signs. My kids and my best friend are Leo's, so I guess that would be one I like.

86) Sports you like to watch?
If no sports ever came on my television again for the rest of my life, I wouldn't miss them at all. Yes, that's my answer.

87) What is your hair color?
I have naturally boring brown hair. I color it though, so the brown is much prettier and there is some blond in it too. It's much better this way.

88) Eye color?
I have brown eyes, but they have a green tinge to them.

89) Do you wear glasses?
No, but I think it's only a matter of time before I do.

90) Siblings?
My sisters are 3 1/2 years younger than me and are fraternal twins.

91) Favorite month?
May. Spring is still hanging around and the temps are very comfortable. It's my birthday month and the month when summer break starts for me and the kids. All good things.

92) Do you like sushi?
I really haven't had it, but I don't like fish so I don't think I'd like sushi either.

93) Last thing you watched on television?
A rerun of Big Bang Theory last night.

94) Favorite day of the year?
I have two. April 23- the day Shell and I became an us and July 30- the day my babies were born.

95) Are you too shy to ask someone out?
I've never asked someone out, when I think it would be intimidating to do so. I think I could but I am truly thankful that I don't have to worry about it.

96) Summer or Winter?
Neither, I'm a fall and spring kind of girl.

97) Kisses or hugs?
I absolutely love them both!

98) Relationships or One night stands?
Relationships.

99) Who is your favorite celebrity?
I love Rosie O'Donnell.

100) Books you'd like to see turned into a film?
I love books too much to see them changed and messed with, which is what happens when they are put on film.

No comments: