What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 19

30 Days: Day 19-Something you miss

I'm noticing a pattern in the way I respond to these topics. For instance, today's is asking for "something I miss", but I look at that and know that I'm going to answer with "somethings I miss" in bullet form. I'm not good at making decisions and I guess this just confirms that. I wonder if that makes it more frustrating for people reading, like "geez, just pick one thing. I don't need to read a list..." or if they're like me and see a list and think "yay! more ways to learn about this person who I've come to like so much even though I've never met them and quite probably never will!" Which side do you fall on?
So on to the list of somethings I miss...
I miss:


  • being in high school. I know that sounds weird, but let me clarify what I mean. I miss the butterflies I'd get thinking of Shell and how her face would break out in the hugest smile every time I'd see her. I miss getting notes in between class from her and other friends and then writing notes during class to distribute. I miss walking home with my best friend. I miss being in choir and singing every day. I miss the innocent certainty that being an adult was going to be great compared to being a kid/teen.

  • being pregnant. I wish that I had seriously considered being a surrogate before I got too old to do it, because I'd really love to be pregnant again without adding to my family.

  • having time to read. I haven't read a book for pleasure since I started school last fall and I'm pretty sure it has been the longest time I've ever gone without reading. I'm seriously starting a book the day after my last final. I can't wait any longer!

  • seeing my extended families on holidays.

  • spending time with my best friend. A lot.

3 more days to the end of the semester!!!!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I had a great time in high school too!! I wish I would have been brave enough to like girls though. :)

3 more days!! Whoo hoo!! Time for you to celebrate!!

DaniKel said...

I am completely on the "yay! more ways to learn about this person who I've come to like so much even though I've never met them and quite probably never will" side!!!

StephLove said...

Good luck on the last few finals. I am imagining you on your porch (if you have one) with a tall glass of lemonade and a good book very soon.