What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Friday, October 12, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame

I guess I need to work on the "nothing exciting enough to blog about" block. It bothered me most of the day yesterday: I finally started a blog, what to write about... So, this morning I thought - I know what to write about, and it is exciting too, at least to some people it would be. We are going to the National League Championship Series game on Sunday. Now normally, I am not a sports lovin' lesbian. I love me some ice skating, gymnastics, um yeah that's about it. But I can watch baseball with some interest, and know what's going on. Now my wife on the other hand, she is a football and baseball LOVING woman. Loves it is an understatement actually. Anyway... even though we live in Colorado, we are not Colorado Rockies fans. My wife is a lifetime New York Mets fan. So really, the only time we go to a Rockies game is when they are playing the Mets. Normally, the Rockies pretty much suck. Well this year they don't. I personally think that some baseball star aliens have taken over their bodies. And they are now one series away from going to the World Series - for the first time ever. Being the baseball freak and her baseball tolerating wife that we are, we are going to the game. Not because we are suddenly Rockies fans, but because it's a championship game and who knows when the opportunity may come along again. I am (in spite of myself) getting excited. It's going to be a lot of fun, and I can't wait to share it with my wife. We are going with her best friend and her girlfriend, who I really do enjoy hanging out with. The only downside to this whole thing - the high temp on Sunday is only supposed to be 55 degrees, and it's a 6:30pm game. Brrr!

Go Rockies!

No comments: