What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Here we go again

Yesterday, tickets for the World Series went on sale. And, like thousands of other people, we tried to buy some. Just 2. Well, no go. The tickets went on sale at 10:00 am, and I was online (so was Shell from home). The farthest we got was an error message saying the page could not be displayed. For over an hour I tried this. She gave up about 45 minutes into it. This happened to everyone I know that was trying. There was an uproar. People went to Coors Field to demand answers. It was crazy. Last night, they announced that something malicious got into their server, causing the crash. Whatever, shouldn't they have planned for something like this - had a backup plan maybe? So they have apparently taken care of the problem, and we will try this again at noon today. FUN!
At 10:30 this morning, I have an appointment with my doctor. It's a "Well Woman Visit", basically a physical. I haven't had a "physical" since playing high school volleyball, a few years ago. I scheduled this visit because I am concerned with my health. I think that overall I'm probably fine, but I am very overweight and I know that can cause problems. My knees hurt all the time, I am tired a lot more than I should be, I get horrible headaches, and I Can't stop eating. So I think I will be having blood drawn as part of this visit, I hope so actually. A small part of me hopes that they will find something wrong, so I can have something to focus on "fixing". It doesn't appear to be enough to just want to be healthier, I obviously don't want it enough or I would be doing it.
I really hope that I am back to work from my appointment before noon so I can take a crack at these tickets again. Good luck to us!

No comments: