What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Monday, March 16, 2009

More Interview Questions

My friend Teaberry sent me interview questions in response to the ones I sent her. And since I can't seem to get enough of this stuff, I will happily answer them. Thanks T for the very thought-provoking questions!

#1: If you and your family could go on any vacation anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go and what would you like to do there?
This was very hard to decide. I would love to go to Hawaii, but wouldn't want to take the kids as I'd like to enjoy it with just my wife. Same with Paris. I've always wanted to go to Australia and although I'm sure my kids would enjoy it, Shell doesn't have any desire to experience it. So, it may seem silly, but I choose New York City with a stop in Washington D.C. We've said many times that we'd love to go to NYC, but would need 2 weeks to do & see everything. And if all expenses are paid we can see many Broadway & Off Broadway shows while there. Same with D.C., albeit without the theater.

#2: What is the best way to spend a weekend in the summer with your kids?
This changes every year. When they were little, we loved to slather them with sunblock and take them to the park. Their endless energy was such fun to watch, and their smiles were contagious. They loved being outside, and as long as we were vigilant with the sunblock it was a good time. Now that running around in circles outside is not the entertainment it used to be, we like to take them to Boondocks to ride the go-carts and the tugboats, play miniature golf, play in the arcade when the heat gets to be too much and play laser tag. Unfortunately, we still have to be vigilant about the sunblock, but they're pretty good sports about it.

#3: If you had to pick a different state to live in, one that you've never lived in before, which would you choose and why?
Again with the difficult choice. I've only lived in two states in my life and have only visited a couple others. I'm pretty sure that the only reason we'd leave Colorado would be to return to California, but if we were going to pick another it would have to be somewhere that gave same sex couples equal benefits and rights.

#4: If you had 1 hour to spend unlimited money (sort of a shopping spree--no charge to you!) in any store, what store would you choose and what kind of stuff would you pick out?
I want to go to a home improvement store (Home Depot, Lowe's, etc) and buy window coverings, paint, pick out laminate flooring, and arrange for someone to come put it all in. If there is time left, I want to pick out flowers & plants and the stuff necessary to get them planted. Maybe a tree or two also.

#5: If you could go back in time and live in any time period, which would be the best one for you?
I think that this is the best time in history (so far) to be an out lesbian with a family, so I wouldn't want to be in any other time because of that. But if that weren't a factor, I think I'd choose the 70's or 80's. I was born in 1974, and have done a lot of reading about that time in history. I really wish I could have experienced it as an adult. Same with the 80's. At the end of that decade, I was just entering high school and really just becoming aware of the world outside of my family and friends. I wish I could have seen it through older eyes to realize the impact of events that occurred.

No comments: