What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Week Ago...


... I saw Madonna in concert. It was all I was expecting, plus some. Our seats weren't really that bad, and with the binoculars that Eric brought, we saw everything we wanted to. What a show!
We were running a bit later than we had planned and were just getting to the Pepsi Center at 8 (scheduled start time). We knew that she started 90 minutes late at the L.A. show, but were a bit afraid to count on it happening here. After rushing to get to our seats, we sat and waited. She started at 9:30. Nobody that we could see even seemed fazed by this, except for one guy who probably was dragged there anyway. We were on our feet from the start and I would have stayed that way if my feet didn't start aching from the boots I was wearing. Finally I took them off and stood the rest of the time pain-free.

She did a lot of songs from her newest album Hard Candy, which I really like. She also sang Borderline, Vogue, La Isla Bonita, Get Into the Groove, Like A Prayer, and the first verse and chorus of Like A Virgin. She also did an acoustic version of You Must Love Me from Evita. It was beautiful. She did other songs including Music, Ray of Light, Hung Up, & Human Nature. FUN, FUN, FUN!!! I had a really great time and I got to share it with my best friend.

We didn't get back home until around midnight and then stayed up talking until 4am. I realized then more than ever that even though I talk to him on the phone pretty often and we IM a lot, that nothing compares to talking face to face. On previous visits, I am usually sad and kind of mopey the day that he leaves. He mentioned it once and I made a conscious decision to not do it this time. His visit just wasn't long enough to not enjoy every moment possible. So last Wednesday while driving him to the airport, I patted myself on the back a little for not being that way this time. He agreed, but said that I did seem sad the night before. The thing is, I wasn't so much sad that he was leaving, but sad with the realization of what I don't have. I don't have someone I can just hang out with and talk to. I have my wife of course, but it's not the same. The closest I have to a "hang-out" friend is Shell's best friend, and it's not really fair to vent about my wife to her. While I love hanging out with her and her girlfriend, I wish I had someone of my own. And to be honest, I just wish I had Eric here. We have shared memories and stories and experiences and inside jokes and confidences. He could never be replaced and I honestly don't have the time to invest in a new friend anyway. So pity party over. I am grateful for what I do have, I just can't help it if I miss having more.

To end on a high note, here are a few pictures from the Denver show. (I didn't take these)

No comments: