What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Friday, August 15, 2008

TGIF

Yay for Friday! I'm definitely ready for this weekend to start, although I know it'll be over way too soon. This morning it is raining and gray and very overcast- I love it! I love this fall/spring-like weather, even when I know it will end soon and be back to the summer heat. It's very welcome in August. And the rain is going to help the grass so much. I have an almost dead patch of grass in my side yard that I've been trying to convince to hang on, and I'm really hoping this rain and cooler weather will help.

I've been reading a lot of different blogs lately and I have to say that I am so in awe of these women. My blog reading started when I heard about a couple of women pregnant with sextuplets, who were writing about their very high order pregnancies. I truly never had any desire for blog reading before that, but the opportunity to sneak a peek into their pregnancies was too strong a pull for me to resist. So I started there and found myself searching for other high order pregnancy blogs, which naturally resulted in multiple baby blogs. During one of my searches, I found a website that listed all kinds of pregnancy and parenting blogs and had a section just for LGBT bloggers. And a light went on and I knew that I'd never go back. I lurked around blogs for quite some time, but never commented. I still don't really comment on the majority because I feel weird making a comment about someone's life who has no idea who I am. But I'm trying, really I am. The blogs that I read regularly I have saved in my favorites list and I have read their entire archives from the beginning all the way through. There are (wait let me count them)...85--oh my god! Over 60% of them are written by lesbians who are now moms, moms-to-be, or wanting to be moms. I feel very attached to their stories, that's why I read them. The majority of the remaining are written by moms of multiples; mostly triplets, quads & quints, and a few twins. Last but not least, I read 3 blogs written by women who do not fall under the previously mentioned categories. One of them is someone I went to school with, one is a fun blog about life on a cattle ranch, and the other I stumbled upon after seeing her comment on many of the lesbian blogs I read. The first comment I ever wrote was in response to one of her blog posts, and she was the first person who ever commented here. I kinda love her for that, thanks Denise! Anyway, these women that write about their lives are really quite inspiring and although I don't see myself on quite the same level as them, I am proud to be in their ranks as a 1) lesbian 2) mom 3) of twins. That's really what I wanted to say. Geez it took a long time to get to that!

1 comment:

Teaberry said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog.. I was wondering who was in Denver! (which is a part of the country I've never seen!) I'm glad you like the pictures, too!

Oh, and I do the exact same thing-- I find a blog and read it from start to current. I just finished yours! I will add you to my daily rotation! :-)