What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

A post with pictures

It's been awhile since I put pictures up, I know. I really want to post the ones from the first day of school but my lack of computer-savvy forced me to pass the project to my friend. Once he has a chance to edit them for me, I will post them here. In the meantime here are some pictures from the concert we went to on Saturday. The band is called 1964:The Tribute and they are really great. My dad was pretty surprised that my boy knew so many songs. I think he probably knew 2/3 of the ones played. There was even an older lady who came over and told me she had noticed that he was singing to so many of the songs, word for word. It was a really fun time. We didn't get there as early as we had hoped, so our seats weren't great. We were over halfway back from the stage. But my boy sang and cheered and yelled and when they announced that they'd be back next year, his face lit up and he asked if he could go again next year. My dad, me and my boy at a Beatles tribute concert at Red Rocks Ampitheater... a memory for us all:

My dad, me and my boy Me and my Beatles lovin' boy Dad caught us singing

Sunday was a good day. Shell & I watched couple of movies, The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio and Next. We thought they were both pretty good. Then we went to Target to spend the gift cards the kids got for their birthday and to pick up stuff for dinner. We even sprung for Starbucks! It was fun- we're dorks like that. Dinner was in the oven (lasagne-so yummy) when Shell went out front to smoke and called to the kids to come out. There was a basset hound and a cocker spaniel that had been wandering the neighborhood earlier in the day and now they were in our front yard. The neighbors had been unsuccessful in getting close enough to read their tags, but my kids worked their magic and soon had the dogs lying down next to them for petting. We called the number on the tag, but only got a voicemail so I left a message. The dogs looked well taken care of, so we hoped that we would get a call back soon. We hooked leashes on them and put them in the backyard with a bowl of water which they lapped up pretty quick. After about an hour with no response, we gave them some dog food and started to get concerned. I didn't really want to leave them outside all night, but it was getting dark quickly and I really didn't want to bring them in the house. I called the number back and thankfully got an answer. The woman sounded very upset that they got out and promptly took down our address. She didn't live far, but those dogs had to cross a major street to get to our neighborhood. They were lucky to make it across unharmed. Their owners showed up soon after and the lady was very emotional and said she appreciated our help. She put money in my hand which I tried to give back to her saying that we would just hope that if our dogs ever got out someone would do the same. She said that she would if it were her, but that she really wanted to give us something for our kindness. I took it because if I were in the same situation, I would want to give something as well. After they drove off, I looked and realized that she gave me $40. Shell & I decided to give $20 to each of the kids to show them that although we do nice things for others because it's the right thing to do and usually feeling good about ourselves is reward enough, sometimes it also pays. They were a little confused about why she gave us money, because they were really just happy that the dogs were home where they belonged. It had a good ending with a lesson learned.

1 comment:

StephLove said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Your son looks a lot like your dad, but I guess you knew that already.