What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday...again

Another busy weekend has come and gone and it is Monday again. Yippeee... Can you sense the lack of enthusiasm? If not, trust me - it's there.
The best news coming out of the weekend is that my boy passed his testing with flying colors. He performed like a rock star. And that's not just the opinion of his slightly biased and very proud mom. I got many comments from parents, instructors, and fellow students that he really looked awesome. I'm so proud of him. The test was hard, but he persevered and made it through. So he is now part of the Black Belt Prep Cycle. This means that every Wednesday and Friday he has classes from 6-9pm and every Saturday he has class from 10am-3pm or later. This will last until October. If he makes it through (some either leave voluntarily or are dropped from the program), he will test in October for his Conditional Black Belt at a 2 1/2 day test in Breckenridge. This is in addition to the 2 classes a week he needs along with the 2 swat classes every week. The idea is to live Karate during this time. Boy will he ever!
Saturday night my girl spent the night at her friend's house, so we took the boy to Red Robin to celebrate. I had a gift card, so our dinner cost us less then $11. Then we went home and crashed. It had been a long day for both of us.
The girl was spending the day on Sunday with her friend, so we took the boy to Dave & Busters. We let him pick somewhere to go in recognition of his straight A's all year. I don't agree with paying them for good grades (that's what Shell's parents did), so we compromise by letting them do something special instead. It was fun and killed a few hours. After we got home, he went swimming with the girl and her friend, and Shell & I watched all the episodes of The Next Food Network Star competition leading up to the finale. It was the perfect way to wind down from a busy weekend. The kids were worn out after swimming and my girl has a lovely sunburn. That should be fun today as I'm sure Shell will spend her day putting aloe on her and listening to her complain about how much it hurts.
My mom and nieces left CA yesterday morning and will be back sometime today. They stopped last night and have been taking their time, so I'm not sure when, but sometime today for sure. I think that CANiece2 will want to spend a lot of time at our house, because she will get bored hanging out with my mom and her sister all the time. I hope she doesn't mind going with me to Karate, as I'll be spending a lot of time there!
Since my last post, I've been considering letting people know about my blog. I think I'm going to start with a few people who aren't part of my day-to-day life. Mostly those who I keep contact with through email or myspace. I'm not ready to break out of my comfort zone and give access to my family, as I don't want to feel like I should censor myself. And maybe this small concession will be the most I ever feel comfortable with, I don't know. We'll see what happens.

No comments: