What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday...Again

Since I'm sure you were all dying to know... we did the 7 day cleanse exactly as we were supposed to and didn't cheat at all. Not once. We were so proud of ourselves and it paid off. Shell lost 9 pounds and I lost a little over 7. Now, I know that it was mostly water, but it's still weight lost and that makes me happy. We finished the cleanse last Wednesday and are now working our own programs. She is doing Weight Watchers and I'm doing Slim-Fast. We eat the same dinner, and modify where necessary. For example, last night we were making fajitas for dinner. She knows with the tortilla how many points they will cost her. I chose not to add the additional carbs and ate my fajita meat, peppers, and onion over lettuce with a little sour cream. It was so incredibly yummy, I didn't miss the tortilla at all. I will weigh myself again on Wednesday, so I'm hoping that the change from the cleanse diet to this one doesn't reflect badly on the scale.
This weekend was busy. Productive, but busy. We spent ALL DAY on Saturday shopping for the kids costumes for the musical. Cinderella needed a "rag dress" and apron, the dress & tiara for the ball and of course glass slippers. The Prince needed a tux/suit for the ball and shoes to match. I thought for sure that we would hit a few thrift stores and have no trouble finding a dressy dress, a boring plain dress and a suit coat type thing for the boy. (We have a nice pair of black pants already) Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans... We went to 5 thrift stores, 3 discount clothing stores and 1 consignment store. And found NOTHING. We stopped to eat lunch and decided that we were on the wrong track, obviously. We would have to switch gears and buy new clothes. So after a couple more stops, we found what we needed. For full price. Needless to say, my kids will be wearing their new clothes not only for the musical but also for Easter and my company dinner and whatever else I can think of until they grow out of them.
We dropped them off at my parents house to spend the night so we could run home, shower and make egg rolls to take to our friend's birthday party. It was so much fun. They have a friend who does Karaoke, so they hired him for the party. It was fun to see people sing and even though I was freaking out just to think about it, Shell convinced me to sing. I was so nervous, but I picked a song and did it. And it was FUN. I sang "I Feel Lucky" by Mary Chapin Carpenter with all my heart. I figured that I'd only do it once, so why hold back? And I only had one drink before I sang, so that wasn't the fuel either. I think I really wanted to, but was just afraid. And then right before we left, I sang again! I chose "Proud Mary", and about 1/4 of the way into the song another woman came up and sang with me. And it was fun again. I didn't realize it, but I guess I like doing Karaoke. Who knew?
We finished up the weekend doing laundry and grocery shopping yesterday and then watched The L Word last night. Oh, that show... It's getting so bad, but like the train wreck it is, we just can't stop watching. I hate that this is the last season, and I'm really going to miss those characters. Bette, Tina, Shane, Alice, Kit, Helena, Tasha... not Jenny though. I won't miss her one bit.

2 comments:

Teaberry said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Nothing to report here...

I second the not missing Jenny... ugh! I do love Bette and Tina, though... I'm also somewhat disenchanted with Max.

And hey, nice karaoke choice--I love Mary-Chapin! She's a DC local, so she's a hometown favorite. I've seen her in concert probably 10 times. She's awesome!

And, way to conquer a fear and sing... I don't have the courage!

Unknown said...

Yeah L word has gone down hill but I will miss it too!