What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Wednesday, December 19, 2007

6 Days Until Christmas







Wow, I haven't posted in a long time. I have been so busy the last few weeks, I'm surprised I'm posting now. Hopefully I can make it coherent and not too rushed. I have been crazy-busy at work. Last week I trained the warehouse guy in our Utah office to use the computer system. He was here all week and I was dreading it every day leading up to it. It was all for naught. He was awesome. Caught on really fast and has a great attitude about it all. There is a lot of work to be done in that office and he has really taken on a lot, but I am very confident in his abilities. Yay for him!!
We took our Christmas card pictures on Sat. 12/8. Dad came over and took them for us. We were pretty and they turned out good. I uploaded them that night and we picked them up from the store the next day. They look great. I was ambivalent about having photo greeting cards, but I think I am a believer now. I mailed about half of them out last week and the last few that I needed confirmation on addresses went out yesterday.
The day after we took our pics, we got our Christmas tree. With our reduced budget this year, we ended up with a tree that we were not in love with at the lot. I think we are still not in love with it, but it is ours. We decorated it the following night with the ornaments we've collected through the years. It's good. And there were presents under it for awhile too. No, we didn't open them. I had only wrapped the gifts that were being shipped out, as they were a priority. I had planned to send them out last week, but we still needed a few more things. Shell and I went shopping over the weekend and picked up the last things, so I shipped everything out yesterday (Tuesday). I tracked them this morning and they should all arrive on Friday-just in time! Our tree looked bare, so I wrapped some of our kids things last night. They were VERY happy this morning to see gifts for them under the tree finally.
Last night we went to the high school choir concert, because the kids were chosen along with a few others in their choir to sing during one of the songs. It was very enjoyable. I love it so much that my kids are in choir. I have the best memories of being in choir, and I want that for them too.
Oh, I almost forgot!!! They both got speaking parts in the musical they auditioned for. They aren't the parts with the most lines, but they will be speaking pretty consistently throughout the show. I'm really proud of them. So now until the performance in March, they have rehearsal for the musical every Wednesday after school. Shell will pick them up and bring the boy to my work and take the girl home with her. The boy has Karate on Wed. nights, so I'll just take him there directly after work. Just one more reason I can't get my house cleaned, I'm never there!!
Pictured: Top - The kids singing in the choir concert, Middle - Our Tree, Bottom - The one we chose for the Christmas card.

No comments: