So, one of my favorite bloggers (not to mention a super hot and fantastic person all-around), Stacy, nominated me for this award. Even though I haven't posted anything since almost a year ago, she still thought of me. Not only was I very surprised, but I am also very honored. And because I like her THIS MUCH, I'm going to respond appropriately. Now let's see if I can remember how to do this... :-)
Here are the rules:
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
Okay, so here goes. THANK YOU STACY!!!!!
Stacy's questions along with my answers:
1. How did you know that you were in love with your partner/spouse? I loved her when we were "just friends" more than I loved any other person. The moment that she asked me if I wanted to be more than friends, it felt like everything in my life was exactly right. I had no hesitation, no doubt at all, that she was who I was supposed to be with.
2. If you could be a TV character who would you be and why? Are you watching The Fosters? I would LOVE to be one of Stef and Lena's kids. Such a loving and accepting household and how cool to go to school ON THE BEACH!
3. If money was not a factor where would you want to vacation? If money was not a factor, why do I have to pick just one place? I've seen so little of the United States, let alone the world, that there are so many places I want to go. But I'll try...kind of. Inside the continental US, it would be New York City. For at least a week. I want to see landmarks, eat food, and experience Broadway and Off-Broadway shows. Outside the continental US, Hawaii for sure. I threw away the chance to go when I graduated high school and I really really wish that I had just sucked up my pride and gone. As for outside of the country, I've always dreamed of going to Sydney and London.
4. What is your dream job? Ever since I was young, I've thought that being a pilot or a flight attendant would be so cool. But I've also known that I couldn't do that and have a family. At this stage in my life, my dream job is to be a librarian in the public library of a major city.
5. What do you need to do to fall asleep at night? Lay down and just relax. It honestly takes me no time at all to fall asleep. By the time I climb into bed I'm exhausted, so it takes very little time. I'm lucky, I know.
6. What is a dream of yours? That both of my kids get killer scholarships and put them to use on educations that will result in careers that make them happy. And that make them financially stable.
7. Do you like scary movies? I love scary movies. The problem is that no one seems to remember how to write good scary movies anymore. Enough of the movies that are full of gore and blood without any suspense or story. I want to be scared, not bored by yet another dismembered body on the screen for no apparent reason.
8. Could you kill your own food? That, my friend, is one hell of a question. I hope that I could if I really needed to...but I'd kind of rather not find out.
9. Why do you blog? Good question. I started out to join other lesbian moms who were blogging about their young kids. But my kids aren't really that young anymore, so I think that part of my blog silence is trying to figure out if I still have anything worth writing about. It's kind of a weird place to be in, but I think I need to decide once and for all.
10. How many years until marriage equality is nationwide? I fear that if the federal government doesn't make it a federal law, I will not see the day in my lifetime that all 50 states agree to make it legal. I hope I do, but I just don't know...
11. What the hell should I wear to a Breakfast at Tiffany’s themed bridal shower?? The only thing I can think of is black, with (fake)diamond jewelry and your hair up in a big 'do. Good luck.
-Oh my goodness, this post is getting LONG!-
Okay, so even though I haven't been posting or commenting, I've still been reading other blogs. The ones I'll nominate are:
And the questions I'd love to see you all answer are:
1. What food does your family eat often; either because it's a go-to, easy food, or because it's a favorite?
2. When your bed is "made", how many pillows are on it? And then, how many do you actually sleep with? If there is a difference, please explain why.
3. How far away do you currently live from where you grew up?
4. Should I get an iPhone 5, or hold out for the 5s? (I currently have a 3gs)
5. What television show (that is currently on the air) do you really really love?
6. Are you excited for the start of football season? Why or why not?
7. What was the last book you read, and did you enjoy it?
8. What was the last movie you saw (doesn't have to be at the theater, maybe you caught it on Netflix), and what did you think of it?
9. Tell me about your favorite pet, from any time in your life.
10. What kind of music can you listen to, no matter what mood you're in?
11. Do you already have a wish list started for Christmas? What would you like to see under the tree this year?
I did it. Thinking up 11 questions isn't that easy, so I look forward to reading your answers. And continuing to read your blogs. Thanks for the nudge Stacy. I truly appreciate it. And, even though I couldn't nominate you back, I'd love to know how you'd answer my questions too!