What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Tuesday, January 20, 2009

100th Post: Change

This is my 100th post. I was going to post yesterday, but when I realized that it would be the 100th, I decided to wait for today. I was/am going to post about the changes I need to make in my life this year, and thought that waiting to be able to acknowledge the inauguration of Barack Obama would be appropriate given his campaign promise of CHANGE. 2009 will be about change...
We have a new President. The first African-American President. I was afraid that something would happen to make it not come to pass. I am still fearful for the safety of our new President & his family, but I did breathe a huge sigh of relief when the swearing-in was over. I was fortunate that a co-worker brought in a small television so I could watch. I still haven't turned it off. I watched the ceremony with my 65 year old Hispanic co-worker. We both cried. This is a victory for everyone, but truly touches those who have encountered discrimination in their lives. The change that President Obama has promised is long overdue and is desperately needed. Today is about ceremony and celebrations, pomp and circumstance. But tomorrow will be the true first day with this man as our President. I can't wait...
As for me and my own planned changes. I want this to be the year that I find myself again. I will turn 35 in May, and although I don't identify with the notion that your age defines you, I don't want to get to 40 and regret not having done these things. I've spent too many years being unhappy with myself, and just as many years passing by without doing anything about it. So this is it. My 35th year will be my year. Better late than never right?

4 comments:

Denise said...

Yay for Obama. I don't have cable so I missed but....As for you, you can do anything.

Unknown said...

Amen!!!

StephLove said...

It was quite a day for our whole country.

Good luck with the changes you want to make in your life, Tyffany. I wish you the best.

Linda said...

Well said...
Remember that it is NEVER TOO LATE.
Ever.