- Wednesday & Thursday my boy stayed home from school. He didn't feel good and we trust his judgment on that. He also missed his Prep Cycle class on Wed, but made it to regular class on Thursday. Luckily he was back to school on Friday and feeling lots better after lots of rest and hydrating.
- On Tuesday I got news that has changed the course of my life for the next 6 weeks. The wonderful woman who has been taking him to his Prep Cycle classes had to drop out of the program on doctors orders. I wanted to cry. Luckily, there is another kid whose parent has offered to drive my boy on Wednesdays, which is wonderful. I just have to take him on Fridays and Saturdays. My wife is less than thrilled about this, but we'll do what we must.
- My girl auditioned for choir and made me very proud of her confidence. She had to sing a portion of a song a cappella and then do the scales for the choir teacher. She is a soprano.
- Friday evening's Prep Cycle class took place in Parker which is about 45 minutes away from my house. They had to be there at 5:30pm, so because of inevitable traffic I left work early. I had to run home to get his belt because I forgot it when I loaded everything up that morning. The plan was then to pick him up from school, get something to eat and head to Parker. Well....
- I got in an accident on my way home. I am fine, there were no injuries. It could have ended very badly for me as it was my little Sentra against a semi-truck, but luckily there was very little speed involved and he realized what was happening pretty quickly. My car will need some work: the windshield is cracked, the drivers side window shattered, side mirror is hanging by wires and the door doesn't close properly. I am driving a really cute Chevy Cobalt rental until the repairs are complete. The other driver was at fault, so my insurance company will go after his to recoup the cost.
- We were late, but I did get my kid to Karate that night. Shell's friend drove her to work and we took her car. We had to pick her up at 6:15 Saturday morning. The boy had Prep Cycle that day from 9:45am-5:00pm. It was a long day but I made the calls to my insurance company and got that ball rolling.
- Sunday morning we met my parents at 8am for breakfast. I hadn't slept very well the night before and felt worse as the day went on. Shell convinced me to go to the Urgent Care that afternoon and I walked out with a prescription for antibiotics. I have a bladder infection. Fun! Shell took the kids grocery shopping while I took a nap and then we made dinner, watched a movie and went to bed.
Whew! So here's to a non-eventful week. I still have to have my car towed to the collision center, but it's technically out of my hands from here out.
I have a blogger friend who is going through an awful time right now. I am hoping that she can find some peace amidst the chaos. I wish only the best things for her. Love to you D.