What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Tuesday, September 2, 2008

3 Day Weekend

This 3 day weekend couldn't have come at a better time. It was filled with good stuff.
Because of the holiday, my boy didn't have regular Karate classes so no late night on Friday. A few of the other Prep Cyclers decided to get together on Saturday for some review so we went to that. It was just a few hours and then we ran a few errands. We went to the mall and bought him a weapon he needs and we had lunch. Then off to clean my office. Then to the music store where I signed my life away for the rental of a trombone for my son. He decided to be in band this year and the trombone is the instrument he picked. My girl is sticking with Choir. I am pleased that they both love music so much. After the music store, we went by Home Depot to see if they sold lawn mower bags, but they do not. Ours is a hand-me-down and does not have a bag and I am tired of raking every time I mow. I called the local hardware store and they have one... for $50! I guess I'd better get used to the raking. We picked up dinner on our way home since it was by now after 4. Shell and I watched Little Miss Sunshine and were both a little surprised by how much we liked it. It's definitely not appropriate for young ears though.
Sunday morning my boy and I got to work on our yard. I mowed the front and side yards while he pulled the weeds and swept up the sidewalks. After I got done raking and bagging, we got to work on the garage. My parents had to get a new automatic garage door opener when my mom's side broke, so they got a new one for my dad's side as well. It was still working fine, so he offered it to us and he'd install it too. Since we didn't have one, we weren't parking our cars in the garage so it was cluttered with the kids stuff and just random things that didn't have a home. So in order to have room for my dad to do the install, we cleaned and got it organized. He came over in the afternoon and got it started. After he left, we got Chinese take out for dinner and Shell & I watched Le Divorce with Kate Hudson & Naomi Watts. This one, we did not like. We thought it was very slow and the storylines really didn't go anywhere. It was disappointing.
Speaking of movies though, earlier in the week we watched Prom Night (the remake) which wasn't bad as far as remakes of horror movies go and Penelope with Christina Ricci. It was very cute and although Reese Witherspoon's part was pretty small, we enjoyed seeing her in it too.
Back to the weekend... On Sunday night, the kids started to feel kind of yucky with sore throats and runny noses. By the time they got up on Monday morning, they had progressed to full-on colds. I got up and made blueberry pancakes, and we had to wake them up to eat. It was decided that although the day was supposed to be used for cleaning up their rooms, we would make it a rest and get better day. They were happy to oblige. My dad came back and finished up the garage door, which was very exciting. Everyone got to open and close it. I ran to the store to pick up stuff for dinner and we made chicken tenders and rice pilaf with crescent rounds. It was wonderful. The kids were in bed at 9:30 and we followed soon after. It was a really great weekend.

No comments: