What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Monday, June 2, 2008

One weekend down...

...and one to go before we leave. I feel really good about what I got done this weekend. I mowed the back and side yards and went back over the front yard. I got all of my laundry done and the kids new clothes are done. My girl & I washed out Noel's cage (her chinchilla). We bought a new vacuum cleaner. Ours died a couple of months ago and although I've been taking the one from work home occasionally, my carpets really haven't been vacuumed properly since. I put it together this morning and am going to break it in tonight.
The tickets to Madonna's concert went on sale Saturday morning and I got tickets for Eric & I. I am so excited about seeing her. When I was 13 my mom went to see her in concert. She was going with a group of people and there was one person who ended up not being able to go at the last minute. I begged and begged my mom to let me go, but they ended up taking someone else. I was so upset, I can still remember crying when my mom left for the concert. But now it's my turn! And I get the added bonus of Eric going with me. It's like my birthday and Christmas all wrapped up in one. The show isn't until November. How crazy that the tickets went on sale 5 months ahead of time! Oh well, it's Madonna and I'm going!!!

My remaining To-Do list is not so overwhelming. The kids are out of school now, so they are responsible for the rest of their laundry. I still have to get my boy's fish tank cleaned out. I want to get the house vacuumed - with my new vacuum. Need to get the remaining incidentals for the trip: sunscreen, toiletries, etc. I really should start a list so we don't forget anything. I have 9 days left before we leave. I think this is do-able.

No comments: