What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Monday, March 28, 2011

30 Days: Day 2

I'm so excited to see some of you tackle this 30 Days thing too. Before I move to Day 2 though, a couple of responses to your comments on my last two posts. Tara - yes, the Rhythm Nation concert was a pivotal point in our relationship, although it was actually the beginning of our friendship, years before we became an "us". Stacy - Unfortunately, you have us confused with 2 other cute lesbians. :) The only gay club/bar we've really ever gone to is Charlie's and we've only been going there for about 5 years now. And when I say "going there" I mean we go a couple of times a year, maybe. We don't really go out to drink very much, mostly because it's much cheaper to drink at home and you don't have to worry about driving home from wherever you were. On to Day 2: Meaning behind your blog name My blog name comes from a song from the movie Moulin Rouge. I have seen this film more times than I can count and love every single thing about it. The ballad Come What May is sung by Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor and is just beautiful. Shell and I both fell in love with it, so it was an easy choice to make it the song we danced to at the reception after our ceremony. Every time it plays on our iTunes playlists, we stop what we're doing and dance together. The meaning behind the phrase "come what may..." is perfect for our relationship and the choices we've made to live our lives together and on our terms. When I decided to try out this blogging thing, I struggled with what to call it. Then I heard this song and it made perfect sense to use it. I'm still happy with it and every time I see the title, it makes me smile.

No comments: