What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Thursday, November 1, 2012

Random Songs Meme

Today is November 1 and is the first day of NaBloPoMo. Can I do it?? Gonna start with a meme that has everything to do with music. My music. I saw this one on Maria's blog a long time ago and saved it because I thought it sounded like fun. So here goes.


Take out your ipod (gonna use the music library on my laptop for this). Put on random selection. FIRST song that appears answers the question.


1) Describe your childhood: Have a Nice Day- Bon Jovi. You know, I actually had a pretty "nice" childhood. Nothing extreme happened, we lived on a cul-de-sac where everyone knew everyone else and everyone's kids played together.

2) What was your first crush like? Blowing Kisses in the Wind- Paula Abdul. This seems strangely intuitive. My first crush was also my second crush and became a very short-lived "thing" in high school. We crushed on each other at separate times through elementary school and junior high, but never synced them at the same time. By the time we tried it in high school, too much had changed. Thankfully, we are still friends and have kept the connection that just never developed into something serious.

3) What was high school like for you? (Okay, now this is getting scary. How does it know what song to go to next??) For Good from Wicked. Do you know this song? If not, you must find it and listen. If you do, this is seriously THE MOST appropriate song for high school for me. High school was all about my friends and it was mostly about Eric and Shell.

4) What was college like for you? Come What May from Moulin Rouge. This is favorite song from one of my all-time favorite movies. It is the name of my blog, is mine and Shell's song, and will one day be the inspiration for a tattoo. And going to college right now has shown me that I can do more than I ever thought I was capable of and that our relationship can make it through this, come what may.

5) Describe your first paying job. I Kissed A Girl- Katy Perry. This makes me laugh. I was working at my first job when Shell and I started dating. And kissing. And I liked it... ;)

6) Describe your current job. Shout- Tears for Fears. I feel like shouting a lot at times. It makes me crazy how much grown men whine sometimes!

7) Describe your boss or closest co-worker. The Long Way Around- Dixie Chicks. It does feel like there are some things that take much longer to communicate than they should sometimes with these guys. That's the best I can do with this one...

8) What do your siblings think about you? The Glory of Love- Bette Midler. You know, I never thought of it as anything but a song about a couple, but the lyrics could certainly apply to other relationships. And it could definitely apply to siblings. I don't think this would have fit years ago, but right now? Yes :)

9) What do your friends think of you? You're Only Human- Billy Joel. I am human and I do make mistakes...and sometimes it is my friends who help me see that it's not the end of the world when it happens.

10) What do you think of your friends? The Power of Love- Huey Lewis and the News. Another one that is probably better for a couple, but almost all of the lyrics would definitely apply to how I feel about those who support me and listen and let me be me.

11) Describe your first kiss. Love Hangover- Diana Ross. First kisses are as dramatic as this song and mine is no different in my memory. Didn't happen until I was in 8th grade and it didn't disappoint. And there were fireworks, I'm sure of it.

12)Describe your first sexual experience. Silly Love Songs- Paul McCartney. This doesn't really describe the experience itself, but I suppose it's pretty descriptive of how I felt at the time. And how I thought he felt.

13) Describe your first date. Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now- Hairspray. My first "date" was to another school's winter formal dance with the son of one of my mom's clients. We were freshmen and I'm not even sure why he asked me because until that time we had spent all of about an hour together. It was a pretty big deal though and I did indeed feel like a "big girl" :)

14) What did you think the first time you met your current love? Forbidden Love- Madonna. This song is more appropriate for the time years later, but if you asked Shell, she'd say it works for her. I didn't feel anything when we first met, but she did.

15) What did your partner think the first time he/she saw you? Head Over Feet- Alanis Morisette. Yes, yes, yes. I think this is perfect!

16) What do you think of your current love now? Lucky- Melissa Etheridge. I am so lucky that she has allowed me to see and grow parts of myself I never even considered before. I'm very lucky.

17) What does your current partner think of you now? Diamonds and Pearls- Prince. I think that for the most part, this is probably accurate. And I love this song, so this one coming up on shuffle was a delightful treat :)

18) What describes your love life now? Bridge Over Troubled Water- Michael Jackson. Sometimes our troubled waters can only be traversed by a bridge and sometimes, that bridge is our love life. There have also been many times that our love life caused the troubled waters and a bridge was hard to find. This might be too descriptive of a song for this question actually...

19) What do you look like in the morning? I'm Still Standing- Elton John. Oh, totally!

20) How do you see your life right now? Love Heals- Johnathan Larson. It's beautiful and is perfect here. Love in all forms heals me everyday. I hope that it does the same for you too. Take a listen.
 

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey!!! Glad to see you on this thing. :) I love this meme. I'll probably have to steal it since I'm completely in a rut these days.

We'll be in Colorado in a month and a half!!! Definitely must meet!

StephLove said...

Interesting how often the songs fit. I wonder what would happen if I tried it.