What it's all about...

I'm a 39 year old wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt & friend. That should tell you who I'll be writing about most of the time.







Monday, November 5, 2012

Kinda Down

This has not been an easy couple of weeks for me emotionally. Our money situation is not good, the end of the semester is looming in one month with all the final assignments taunting me, Shell has been trying to pick up overtime shifts whenever possible to ease the financial stress which results in less time together, less time together plus stress plus being tired equals not enough quality (wink wink) time... And I don't want to complain because there are obviously others in much worse shape than I am. It's just hard for me right now to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's getting to me. I tried to talk to my best friend about it and was able to vocalize most of what was bothering me, but not all of it made its way to the surface. It's just too much to process all at once. It feels like as soon as one thing starts to ease up, something else comes crashing down. I feel the weight of the election tomorrow and really kind of need Obama to win because I can't imagine the reality of what the alternative will be. And it's November and I'm trying very very hard to be thankful for what is good in my life and to focus on those things and not dwell on the other. I am not normally this person who lets the bad overshadow the good, but it is and I don't like it. So one foot in front of the other right? It sucks to feel like this. I need that light to shine a little brighter right about now...

3 comments:

DaniKel said...

I understand what you are saying, and how you are feeling. We too are having financial struggles, on top of other struggles. And it seems to just keep building. One thing after another. And yes, I do know that so many people have it worse than we do. But that doesn't mean that what we are going through isn't hard, ya know?

And I feel the same about the election. I have this feeling in my gut, about how bad it will be if Obama doesn't win. I need him to win. He just has to.

Keep your head up. Cause things will get better. (this is what I keep trying to tell myself anyways)

HUGS!

Next in Line said...

Sorry it is hard! You have got it right, one foot in front of the other. The light is often just around the corner and hard to see until it suddenly is there shining brightly.

StephLove said...

I'm sorry you're going through hard times. Hope the election was a pick me up. It was for me.